• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Angry customer sends mail with pivate information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsxtrex

I messed up on the title sorry :

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I work at a big box retailer. The other day we had a customer who wanted to return an item but due to the time he was outside the return policy. He exclaimed that he was a lawyer and would bring a lawsuit, etc. So today I recieve his letter and inside he included a lawsuit processed against another retailer for a customer of his with a unrelated issue. My question is mainly directed to the fact that in the copy of the other lawsuit he left the other customers name and account number for the other retailer exposed and legible. Is this a violation of the privacy act? Also when a lawyer presents themselves in a conversation to scare people into doing what they want, at that point representing themselves ? ( i heard they could not do that ) maybe just somehting someone made up.

thanks., I was curious to see if I should alert the lawyer that he was in the wrong giving us private customer information in the lawsuit to scare us. (address name account number of a credit card )

CourtClerk

Most lawsuits are public information. Anyone can go to the courthouse, pull the docket and get a copy of exactly what is in your hand, with no information redacted. He did nothing wrong.

This statement makes no sense:
Also when a lawyer presents themselves in a conversation to scare people into doing what they want, at that point representing themselves ? ( i heard they could not do that ) maybe just somehting someone made up.
Attorneys can represent themselves if they want to. In fact, anyone can represent themselves in court. Only attorneys can represent other people.

Anyway, turn the letter in its entirety over to your superiors. This has nothing to do with you, he has a problem with the store policy, nothing that you are in the position to change. Let the corporate office and/or their attorneys deal with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">