• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do in ut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

s vining

What to do ??

UTAH...Please i really need some advice..Feb 2000 my two sons came home from work and our power had gone out. I sent them to a local fast food place to pick up dinner. While there fours boys came in with attitude and tried to start a confrontation with one of my sons. The manager asked the boys to leave. When my sons left to go home the boys were outside and started up again. Words were exchanged and my sons headed for home. My son who was driving noticed the four boy in two seperate cars following them home. As my sons turned on the street before our home street, he stopped got out of his car to asked the boys why they were following him. The first car stopped and the accellerated and hit my son with car. My son hit and went up over the windshield and then came down on his head, shoulder and back. The boy sped off and kept on going. We called the local police, at the same time someone had called the county scheriff about the incident at the fast food place. They had taken down lic# of the two vehicles. After 2 days the boy driver was found and charged w/agg assult and hit and run, leaving the scene. He went to court plea bargined and pleaded quilty to agg assult. No jail time. My question is, do we have a case to take this boy and his parents to court?? Their insurance company offer a small settlement of $2500.00. None of the accident lawyers will take the case because it wasn't an accident. What type of lawyer do i need to see?? I really need some good advise, this has been going on to long.

[Edited by s vining on 02-13-2001 at 05:16 PM]

JETX

Get the biggest, meanest, baddest Personal Injury attorney that you can find. They usually advertise during the Judge Judy or one of the other TV law shows. Call them and explain that your son was involved in a hit and run, the other driver was located AND he has insurance. It doesn't have to be an accident, for you to get your day in court!

Hang the *******s... and be sure to include the other three as defendants.

S

s vining

additional stress in ut

this hit & run is turning into the biggest nightmare....Not only have we had to wait for the insurance company to come back with the SMALL settlement amount, but the mental anguish and stress this has caused, to know that someone can deliberatly run you down with a car and actually get away with it. Last night we had help admit my son to a mental facility. He is a victum of a violent crime and for the accident attorneys to keep telling him he doesn't have a case because we wasn't seriously injured, boken bones, dismemberment, or killed, in otherwords, their is no big buck in it for them. And then the insurance gives him asettlement for $2,500.00 and told him it was partly is fault!!! My son fills like his life is worth nothing. There has got to be an attorney out their that can help us. If you know of any in the state of Utah, please let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">