• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clarify dalefan3 law suit.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bearcat

You said there were some missing details in dalefan3's post on 2/9/01 about her property being taken away in Tenn. by daughter and the bankruptcy. I was there - I know the story. I got permission from dalefan3 to write this. here's the deal. dalefan3 bought a bunch of property with money from her husbands death. She put her daughters name on the deed making them both owners. When dalefan3 got sick the daughter forced her off the property (too much to tell about how that happened) and dalefan3 filed bankruptcy. the money for the rentals is supposed to be paid to dalefan3 but guess what - the daughter has stollen that too. The property went into bankruptcy but the trustee sent her the deed back and said it was because there was no dispersion of funds because the mortgage is current (paid for by the rentals) whats more dalefan3 never signed the lease agreements - the daughter has forged her name and rented these units. So the property is still in both names and there was no bankruptcy fraud as you suggested. We tried to get the daughter off the property but she insists its hers. dalefan3 can't afford a lawyer as she is disabled and is now living with a 2nd daughter and a 3rd daughter pays support to help her. What can she do? How does she get her property back?

JETX

Regretfully, there is no 'Lone Ranger' who is going to ride into town and correct all wrongs.

The only solution is to litigate the issue of ownership and lease payments. And to do that, either she will need to represent herself (not recommended) or hire an attorney. Since I am sure that 'reasoning' hasn't and won't prevail here, I don't see any other way to resolve this complex issue of ownership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">