• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Now What...!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Delirious

What is the name of your state Georgia
My 80 yr. old dad totaled his 2004 Cadillac - he carried no collision insurance so he won't recover a dime. The wrecking company is also a salvage yard and they towed it for him. He went down there to get his personal effects out and the guy gave him a receipt and $1200.00 cash to "salvage" the car. After we got home he was to mail the title back to him. Come to find out he borrowed money at his bank against the title and owes more than it is now worth. Dad filed bankruptcy last year and he has no way of working now to pay back the loan to the bank for the car. Neither me or my sister can afford to loan him the money either. We have sent the salvage yard back their $1200.00 -- Now what happens??? I feel badly for the salvage company because they have a car they can't get any money for or a title on! Any advice as to how to proceed from here?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you feel bad for the salvage company, perhaps you should remove the vehicle from their possession so that they aren't stuck with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">