• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

scenario: Florida, family court. I'm pro se, ex has just fired atty and retained new counsel. new lawyer seeks continuation of appeal hearing for their appeal of general master's recommendations in my favor re. relocation. I oppose, raise issue of 11th hour changing of atty's being a ploy to buy more time. I move to dismiss appeal based on previous atty's mistakes (my motion is also pending the hearing).
New atty also moves for mediation order, I oppose, I've already won the commissioners recommendations. Judge tells me in court that I'm ahead of the game, gives her one month
continuance, says he won't order mediation since I already
won recommendation. Today, four days later, 2nd notice of continuation comes, this one ordering mediation, based on "review of the file" Am I expected to pay for half the cost of mediation and can I contest this new order without
coming off like an ass with this judge or should I just bite my tongue and curb my pen. Thanks for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">