• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is 13502 Election the same as DE-226

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CongaMan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm the petitioner in my father probate. The notes on the case ask two questions that have me confused.
1. If surviving spouse will be filing 13502 election
2. Benefit ot spouse to have their portion part of probate estate

there are 4 heirs
My dad's spouse, my 2 sisters, and myself (petitioner of administration).

Will filing a DE-226 take care of these two questions? The only seperate property is a real estate property, the rest was community.

tecate

That series of forms is for use by the surviving spouse in case a third party wants a court order to evidence what happens under Probate Code Section 13500.

The examiner wants to know what is subject to administration (probate), and whether the spouse elects to have more than the minimum probated. In other words, what property passes to you and your siblings?

Did your father leave a will?

CongaMan

That series of forms is for use by the surviving spouse in case a third party wants a court order to evidence what happens under Probate Code Section 13500.

The examiner wants to know what is subject to administration (probate), and whether the spouse elects to have more than the minimum probated. In other words, what property passes to you and your siblings?

Did your father leave a will?
No there was no will, but my father didn't have alot. the only thing was the house (seperate property) that he lived in we are in agreement to sell the property, and His wife can have all of the community property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">