• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help On Car Purchase Dealer Lying!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t'smama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I lived in NC for a brief period of time and bought a truck. My boyfriend at the time was the one purchasing it buying it, but he did not have his actual card (DL) on him. He only had a copy of it. The dealership said they needed a vaild DL. They asked if I had my card on me and I said yes and said I could co-sign for him since he only had a copied DL on paper. The saleperson and two associates present told me I could be taken off in 6 months.

Now almost two years later I live in Texas again and the salesperson who sold the truck was fired, that I found out, but not for that reason. The person I spoke to at the corporate office said my name cannot come off. Once its on with them it stays, and that the truck cannot be refinanced. So im at a loss becuase I was lied to. Is there a law against this?? Are the laws protecting consumers and can i do anything about this? Also would Having a suspended license make this illegal or no?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">