• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crispix

One of my customers is involved in a lawsuit -- one of the original partners was fired and is suing the remaining partners. I'm being deposed as a witness to what each of the partners did while I was working on a project with them, although I'm not otherwise involved in the lawsuit, which is really a partnership contract dispute. What should I be concerned about? I don't need to involve my own lawyer, do I? Under what circumstances is a witness paid to testify? Is that appropriate in this situation?

HomeGuru

You wil not be paid unless for mileage (lunch money) and the only thing to remember is to just tell the truth. And if you do not know the answer, say so instead of making one up. If you do not understand the question, request that it be asked again or re-phrased. If you will not be liable for anything then you do not need your own attorney there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">