• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get my refund from a company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tertlefamily

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I paid a company $500 for a service. The guarantee was that the service was to be provided within 3 months, or my money back. The three months came and went as of mid-May and now the company isn't returning my calls or emails. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I'm in Colorado and the company is in Arizona. Can I use small claims court as a method of recourse?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I paid a company $500 for a service. The guarantee was that the service was to be provided within 3 months, or my money back. The three months came and went as of mid-May and now the company isn't returning my calls or emails. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I'm in Colorado and the company is in Arizona. Can I use small claims court as a method of recourse?
Yes, you can use small claims court.

HomeGuru

**A: please explain the type of service and was such ordered via internet.

tertlefamily

The company is one that contacts for sale by owner properties and pre-foreclosure properties and matches up those homeowners with people who are looking for a house to move into with a minimal down payments/deposit. The tenants do a lease to own program and eventually buy the house. The company said that they would negotiate all issues between the homeowners and the tenants. We were looking to move, and thought this might be a good way to find a decently priced house in the area we wanted to move. I did a lot of online searching and checked the BBB for the company. There were no negative remarks about this company at the time I paid my $500 (in mid February). I have in writing that I am due a refund, but have yet to receive it. I don't know what else I can do but I want my refund, as they didn't provide me with the service I paid for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">