• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title for car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nascar

now in pennsylvania but problem in connecticut I brought a car with a loan it was three year loan and after two years I stopped receive my monthy payment coupon in the mail so I called the loan company and asked what happen and they said I don't have a loan with them. they check my name and ss# and nothing came up in there computer system.so I waited to see what would happen.well now it about five years passed and I checked my credit report and it said it payed off o owed . but I need my title so I can reg. the car in pennsylvania and connecticut motor vehical department said there is a lien on the car with the loan company and they will not give the title intil I have a letter saying the loan is payed off. I did show them my credit report and they said it's not good enough because there is no vin# on it only the year and model.so they told me to call or write to the loan company and they gave me the name and address.so I called and they don't excisted and I wrote to them and it came back not open wrong address.I have a copy of the contract and it has a different address than the connecticut dmv department has so I did the same with that one and it came back to.have a car now and can't reg. what should I do.

JETX

It seems unlikely that this lender has 'just disappeared'.

I would attack this problem on two fronts:

1) Contact the state title folks. Don't go into the long explanation about 2 years payments and all. Just explain that you have paid for the car and the
lender failed to send you a release of lien. You have tried sending mail to all the addresses you have for the lender, all were returned. Ask what
provisions that state has for issuing a negotiable lien in this situation.

2) Start doing a little investigation. Get on the internet and search for the lender by name (http://www.google.com or http://www.alltheweb.com are good,
fast engines). Then, start contacting the 'hits'. Another alternative would be to contact the agency that regulates banking and/or corporate registrations.
One of them should be able to steer you to a contact or agent for service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">