• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking a landscape agreement in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warrier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I signed an agreement with a landscaper to do the landscaping in my house. The price quoted was high and we worked hard to reduce the price even after signing the contract. Every attempt would result in the price inching up marginally at some excuse or the other. Eventually found some one else to do the job for half the price.
There was no work done apart from a design and one visit to the nursery which I am not using. The contract agreement mentions that I will be billed 10% of the contracted fee if I stop the project.
Am I liable for the amount even though (which works up to about 800$) no work was actually done or is it worth my while to fight it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">