• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issue with transfering a title for a used car by a HONDA Dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanjitdas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I have purchased a used Honda Accord from a big Wisconsin Honda Dealer. The dealer is not able to transfer the title in my name and telling me that the previous owner is not cooperating. Almost a month back they asked me if I am ok with taking a replacement for the car. I told them that "I do not have problem as long as I get a similar car". So far I am cooperating with them.

The temporary license plate provided has expired, so I am not able to drive the car. So I contacted them and the General Manager told me that he can not do anything and I have to wait. He is still negotiating with the previous owner. I requested for another temporary license plate so that I can drive the car. I have not yet received a plate even after 4 days. I have even emailed them asking for refund, however no response on that.

Another issue I have with the dealer is - they advertized the car on the internet saying it is Honda Certified. When I inquired on the phone they said clean title and Honda certified. However when I visited the dealer and negotiated with them about the items they should fix before the delivery, they said the car is not Honda certified. However they apologized for the confusion. (I have the printouts of the internet page as proof which shows that they advertized it as Certified Honda Car.)

What should I do now? I may move out of state soon and would like to settle it quickly.

Regards,
Sanjit

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">