• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrecked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaedwards26

Louisiana ---A huge dealership has sold my boyfriend and I a wrecked car- the gas tank is melting sitting on top the muffler and the car could blow up. They admitted they should have never sold us the car and gave us a rental and asked me what car we wanted. They finally placed us in a car after three weeks and agreed to pay off the loan for the original wrecked car. The new car has a paint defect and they never paid off the loan. They were triying to pay it off with the new car loan but was having trouble approving us now because my boyfriend lost his job that he had when we bought the first car.I had 1 day before it went on my credit so I had the original wrecked car towed back to my house and paid the monthley note and gave back the new car. Do I have any kind of case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

What has the dealership said about reimbursing you or your for the wrecked car ?

aaedwards26

wrecked car

as stated in my original post, they agreed to payoff the loan and never did. they were having trouble getting us approved for a new loan (and had already given us the new 2008 hyndai sonata.) On July 11, Capital One called and said the loan still hadn't been paid off for the wrecked car and it would go on my credit the next business day. This angried us and we had the wrecked car towed back to our house and gave them the new car back. I paid the note on the wrecked car.
They never said anything about reimbursing us after that. they did call us on July 12 after we took the wrecked car back and told us to come back in that they would get us financed. We were at that point angry and decided to seek legal advice.

Last edited:

BL

If they didn't pay the note off for the wrecked car that should never have been sold to you , call you State's DMV office to see what can be done about them selling you a wrecked ( dangerous ) car .

Make a formal complaint and request restitution .

If DMV can not help contact you local Office of Attorney General's consumer affairs .

They should have the correct agencies to contact , and may take a formal complaint to advocate for you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">