• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor arrested and ticketed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tonja Schmidt

Wyoming

My son (16) and his friend (20) went to a persons house. The house was raided, when it was raided drugs
were thrown every which way. My son his friend and their ride (16) were thrown to the ground on top of the
drugs. The girl who lived at the house was arrested and charged with selling meth. My son didn't have
anything on him but when the DCI asked who's coat was on the floor he said his, the DCI picked up the coat
and a pack of ciggerette fell to the floor, I bought the ciggerettes for his friend that morning. My son was
ticketed for the ciggerettes, which we will fight, but the DCI said that they were going to try and get him for
possession. His friend was found with a seed of Marijuana but they didn't charge him at this time they said
they might charge him with delivery, because he passed a joint. My son being a minor, was searched and
questioned before I was called, my husband went to get him and he sat in the hall while they continued to
question him. They kept hauling him to the bathroom to take a UA.

Can they charge my minor son with possesion, when they didn't find anything on him?
Is it considered possesion just from being in the house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">