• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice on this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bflowers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)North carolina?
I need some advice on this
my mother died without a will I went to probate in NC and they said i need to talk to a lawyer about it because she had two kids under 18 and theres something called a childs allowence for the first year after death of the parent(s).
what i need to know is if u still would have to file a small estate claim since the law says it 2,000 per child and the only value the estate has is like 4,000 and some change please let me know

Dandy Don

Check at the county courthouse probate court to see what the form for small estate claims says. If there is no surviving husband, and if the children are the only legal heirs, then the children will get to split whatever money is left after any court costs and debts are paid.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">