• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Hall wants to charge extra for liquor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saul0916

A Wedding Hall contract says. To arrange liquor and bartenders for the account of the client.

Does this mean that liquor is not included?

in the Price it says $96 per person plus tax and gratuity. My fiance and I were alway under the impression that liquor was included with this package, now the hall manager says that it is not included and that we have to pay extra for it.

New Jersey

Last edited:

quincy

You should ask the wedding hall if the $96 includes alcohol or not.

Many places will provide bartenders and servers, but will not provide alcohol because they do not have a license to sell alcohol. The wedding couple will purchase all of the alcohol to be served and then pay extra to have the bartender and servers service the guests.

ErinGoBragh

On an additional note, it is at their discretion, as long as the contract does not specifically state that liquor is provided within that price per person.

My co-worker is having the wedding; beer is provided in the cost of the participants, but liquor is not. Maybe it's because of cost of the liquor, maybe it's because of licensing, but it's their right.

What do you have in writing that makes you think liquor is included? Please post the relevant portion of the contract here.

justalayman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Wedding Hall contract says. To arrange liquor and bartenders for the account of the client.
that means; the hall will co-ordinate the bartender and liquor but the bill is on your tab as a direct charge.

In other words; not included in a quoted price.

as others have noted, a common situation.

saul0916

Thanks

Thank you all for your quick responses... My fiance and I feel much better now. Our guest don't have to worry, the bar will be open.

Best of Luck

Saul

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">