• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving nightmare, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpppp

TX

A moving broker provided me an estimate for my intrastate move over the phone. I hadn't realize that they were just brokers and had reallocated my move to a different company until the actual move happened. I also learned that brokers aren't supposed to give you estimates, is this true?

When the movers arrived to my place a day late, I had to get someone else to be present. They changed my original estimate from $1480 to $2005. Then when I got someone in the office on the phone to question the price, I was told that it is actually $2200

Long story short, they finally delivered my things and I have a long list of things that are missing and broken. They also used about 9 of my own paper towel rolls to pack my things and used all of my newspaper stack, hence the broken part of this move. They didn't use any of their packing supplies outside of blankets and some boxes, and yet they charged me for a full service move including supplies (i.e. tape, packing supplies). I called the supervisor of the actual company that moved and "packed" my things and told him that I'd like to give him the opportunity to make things right before I take further action. He said was going to have someone in the office follow up with me. Everything has been paid in full, so not sure what my options are if he decides to not take accountability? Missing and damaged goods are roughly $5K.

Meanwhile, the broker company's personel has been making harassing phone calls to me because I actually complained about my experience on a few consumer websites, including BBB. He claims to have a release form that I signed. 1, I never signed it, and 2, they tried to get me to sign the release form after I had already complained about my situation.

Can I sue or press charges? What are my options? Please helpppp!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">