• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another car buyer's experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mahendra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hi I bought a 2006 nissan maxima on 06/22/08 from a used car dealer in Fairfax,va.When I bought that car,it has balance of manufacturer's warranty(covered for another 13,000 miles or 11 months whichever comes first ).With in two days I noticed steering manueverabilty issue and I checked with dealer.He told me to take it near by nissan dealer as it's under warranty.When I took it to nissan authorised dealer, he told me vehicle has after market suspension springs because of which warranty for steering suspension is void and estimated cost to fix $1170.I met used car dealer and asked him to cancel the transaction,he told me he can't do anything as vehicle was sold "AS IS".
As per my buyer's sticker he didn't check AS IS box.He checked warranty box but he didn't mention what type of warranty it's like full or partial.Under those two boxes he wrote "vehicle is as is and comes with balance of manbufacturer warranty".He didn't mention what parts will be covered and what not.
After 30 days my temp tags got expired and I parked my car at home and started spending on rental cars and I asked him to take vehicle back as it's not registered on my name with in 30 days.He told me it's taking time as vehicle's title needs to come from out of state.He sent second set of temp tags which I refused.
I asked lienholder to stop sending installment letters,he told me he can't do anything with that as he already paid dealer I've to pay him or otherwise he'll report to collection agency

so what are my options here

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hi I bought a 2006 nissan maxima on 06/22/08 from a used car dealer in Fairfax,va.When I bought that car,it has balance of manufacturer's warranty(covered for another 13,000 miles or 11 months whichever comes first ).With in two days I noticed steering manueverabilty issue and I checked with dealer.He told me to take it near by nissan dealer as it's under warranty.When I took it to nissan authorised dealer, he told me vehicle has after market suspension springs because of which warranty for steering suspension is void and estimated cost to fix $1170.I met used car dealer and asked him to cancel the transaction,he told me he can't do anything as vehicle was sold "AS IS".
As per my buyer's sticker he didn't check AS IS box.He checked warranty box but he didn't mention what type of warranty it's like full or partial.Under those two boxes he wrote "vehicle is as is and comes with balance of manbufacturer warranty".He didn't mention what parts will be covered and what not.
After 30 days my temp tags got expired and I parked my car at home and started spending on rental cars and I asked him to take vehicle back as it's not registered on my name with in 30 days.He told me it's taking time as vehicle's title needs to come from out of state.He sent second set of temp tags which I refused.
I asked lienholder to stop sending installment letters,he told me he can't do anything with that as he already paid dealer I've to pay him or otherwise he'll report to collection agency

so what are my options here
Enjoy your car...
I'd recommend you pay what you agreed to pay for it, unless you don't mind it going on your credit report and eventually being repossessed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">