• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem With A Vehicle Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HomeWriter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK

Hello. I entered into a contract with a friend of mine to buy a Dodge Ram pickup for $4000. We used a regular vehicle purchase agreement and decided that payments would be made in the amount of $200/month, with a $626 down payment. In June, after making several payments, I ran into some financial trouble and contacted my friend about selling the truck. I owe $2,574 on the vehicle, and wanted to sell at around $3600 - $4000... he agreed to this so we've been working on a getting the truck sold. A couple of weeks ago, he informed me that he had a potential buyer and asked if he could take the truck over to allow these people to look at it. I had no problem with this and allowed it... but since that time, he's kept the truck out of my reach. The title was never switched over, so it's still in his name... I've officially been cut out of the loop and he's entering into a deal with this new buyer to let them make payments to him on the vehicle... I would have considered this breach of our contract, but I thought I would ask for some advice. Any thoughts on what my options are and whether or not he's taken control of the vehicle illegally? If so, what can I do about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">