• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frivulous Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csstech-net

We are based in Miami, Fl and we have a customer who called the credit card company about 7 months after he bought products and said the products were defective. The cc company issued him credit without confirming with us anything(supposedly they couldnt reach us).I then contacted the customer and asked him to return the products and he said he'd lost them.
I sued him in Miami for the amount of the purchase. Once he was served he called saying that he would counter sue me in Troy, MI(his home town) if I didnt drop the suit. I refused the "deal" and went to court. He didnt show up to court and The judge awarded me a judgement for the amount and court fees.
He went ahead and filed a suit for $10,000 in Troy against me. He's suing me for $10,000 that he apperently spent with a paving company to run conduit under his parking lot, and repave it, for the camera wires. He's argument is that the cameras were defective and so he spent that money for nothing. Now, besides the fact that these products were never defective, he lied to the cc company, and never freturned our products, We had nothing to do with the installation of these products or gave him any advice for installing wires under ground. We are only retailers and only have one office in Miami, Fl.
What can I do about this frivolous law suit? I filed a response with all documentation and judgement from case in miami, but I was still assigned a court date for pre trial. I filed for motion to dismiss and it was apperantly denied,motion for telephonic hearing and it was denied. Any advice?

BL

Go to court , or have a default Judgement .

Hire an attorney in that location .

Up top of the Page - post your case

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">