• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

automobile delima

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AUDIOBGS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana, My mother-in-law passed away March 31, 2008. Her car is on our property because it had broken down. My husband was repaing the car at his cost and has decided that it is not worth fixing. His brother has decided that he is not ready to open a succession for his own personal reasons. My question is can we get rid of the car legally? Can we donate it to a charity without a succession? We have her car title, but it is still in her name.

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana, My mother-in-law passed away March 31, 2008. Her car is on our property because it had broken down. My husband was repaing the car at his cost and has decided that it is not worth fixing. His brother has decided that he is not ready to open a succession for his own personal reasons. My question is can we get rid of the car legally? Can we donate it to a charity without a succession? We have her car title, but it is still in her name.
Tow car to brothers, that would be one solution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">