• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Shipment Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Truckless

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

I am having severe problems with the broker that I hired to ship my 2001 Ford Ranger from Anchorage, AK to Honolulu, HI. Please anyone have any advice? Here is the story so far:

Back on 28 April 2008, I entered into a contract with Secure Auto Transport to ship my 2001 Ford Ranger from Anchorage, AK to Honolulu, HI for $1980.00 on 28 May 2008. I secured the rate with a deposit of $200 to Secure Auto Transport, but they charged my credit card $300, but that is another complaint. I was not provided with any information except an agreement that they would provide me with "door to door" service. When I inquired about what I needed to do, the response was we will get with you when its closer to your pick up date. Time went by, and on 27 May 2008, I did not hear from the company so I called them. After about 2 hours on the phone they were able to provide me with a location to drop my truck off for shipment to Tacoma, WA but I had to pay $825. I dropped off my truck on 29 May 2008, with Wrightway Auto Carriers in Anchorage, AK, paid the $825, and my truck was shipped to Tacoma, WA. On or around 16 June, I attempted to call Secure Auto Transport with an update on the status of my Truck. They were not tracking my vehicle at all, so I immediatly called Wrightway and they were able to tell me my vehicle was at the port in Tacoma, WA. I immediatly called Secure Auto Transport and notified them of this, they told me they would dispatch a driver and have my Truck moved to the port in Seattle for shipment to Hawaii. Upon my arrival to Hawaii on 27 June 2008, I called Secure Auto Transport and again they were not tracking my Truck, so I called Wrightway again, and was told my Truck was still at the port in Tacoma, WA. I immediatly called Secure Auto Transport and I was told yet again, that a driver would be dispatched and my truck moved to Seattle, WA. from 1 July to 28 July I attempted several times to contact Secure Auto Transport, and most of the time I was placed on hold, told i would get called back etc. On 28 July 2008, I finally got a hold of Secure Auto Transport and inquired to the status of my Truck. Again, no status, So i did some reasearch on my own and contacted Horizon lines the owner of the port in Tacoma, WA and they were able to tell my my truck had been sitting there for almost 2 months with no booking information, they were getting ready to report it an abandoned vehicle. I immediatly called Secure Auto transport and was told they would take care of it, I told them I wanted the information on the driver that would be dispatched as well as the booking number and what company would be transporting my truck to Honolulu, HI. They provided me with all that information, and I was told they would take care of it. Later on that day my wife decided to call the towing company responsible formoving my truck, and she was informed that they would not move my truck unless they recieve payment from Secure Auto Transport. My wife paid the company $150 to move my truck from Tacoma, WA to Seattle, WA. 2 hours later we recieve a phone call from that moving company stating that they were rejected at the port in Seattle, WA because Secure Auto Transport did not pay for the booking to Honolulu, HI. We immediatly called MATSON made payment of $874 to ship my truck to Honolulu. My truck is now in the hands of MATSON for shipment to Hawaii. My question is this, I secured a rate with Secure Auto Transport and entered into a contract with them to move my truck, but I had to do all the research and payment. Do I have a lawsuit against Secure Auto Transport? Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? HI

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">