• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Fees.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wondo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Oregon.

Me and my two siblings were all given a house, they were gifts from our mother when she was alive and the deeds were Will'ed to us when she died.

I had decided to sell my house and she passed away while my home was in escrow. The probate attorney told me they could let the sell go through and I would inherit the money, or I could simply inherit the house after the probate. I decided to let the sell go through.

My question is am I responsible for all of the attorney fees since my inheritance is in cash now or are we all responsible for 1/3.

There was a living trust.
There was no other people than us 3 named in the will.
The only assets of value in the Will were our houses, (And minor items of only sentimental value)
There was a few hundred dollars in her account/No insurance.
All 3 of us received a check for approximately $1200 from her retirement plant (CALpers).

I was going to leave this out but I guess it might matter.

I am asking because the attorney told us it was a simple straight forward will and it would take a few months.

My brother was the special representative, He feared his house was going to be garnished due to years of back child support. So in his attempts to avoid the issue he missed his appointments and the attorney has had to ask for 3 continuances.

Going on two years now my brother (special representative) has shut his phone off and wont talk to the attorney.

So the attorney asked me and my sister to sign off on him filing a petition to become special representative so he can wrap this thing up.

I'm really concerned because it seems apparent that my brother has made a good deal of extra work for him and undoubtedly his fees have gone up as well.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">