• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monamom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
We are trying to file papers with the court for my husband to legally adopt my two adult children. We understood this to be relatively simple as all parties are agreeing to this and do not need consent other than their own, and no forms- but, just With what little info I have been able to get from county and internet, I am understanding we need an Adoption Petition- an Adoption Agreement- and an Order requesting a hearing from the court. We have written the petition and agreement- both on pleading paper but need to know what the Order should contain. I understand it must contain all info from the petition and agreement and that it is complicated. ALSO- Is there special paper we need to use to print the documents other than it needs to be on pleading paper- and which court do we file? Superior but Probate I m thinking?

Farfalla

I'm thinking you need an attorney to do this. It should not cost anything near what an underaged adoption would cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">