• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any recourse if 15 year old pregnant by 17 year old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

franswahili

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

MY 15 year old daughter is pregnant. :(She will not be 16 for another 5 months. The boy she got pregnant with is 17 years old soon to be 18 in November.:mad: Besides making him pay child support, is there any recourse for us? I understand that in North Carolina, it is not called statutory rape unless he is 4 years older but not more than 6 years older that she is.

Just wondering what we need to do and where we go from here.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

MY 15 year old daughter is pregnant. :(She will not be 16 for another 5 months. The boy she got pregnant with is 17 years old soon to be 18 in November.:mad: Besides making him pay child support, is there any recourse for us? I understand that in North Carolina, it is not called statutory rape unless he is 4 years older but not more than 6 years older that she is.

Just wondering what we need to do and where we go from here.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: what do you want to do and where do you want to go?

Farfalla

Sounds like it was consensual sex between two close-aged teens. She is as responsible for this as he is. BOTH of them knew what they were doing. Why are you going after him as though he’s a criminal and she’s a victim?

This young man has as much right legally to this child as your daughter does. She choose him to be the father of her child. He will be a part of your daughter’s live until the child is 18 and beyond. Looks like he will be a part of your life too for a long time. It might be best to stop trying to attack him legally. As soon as the baby is born have your daughter establish paternity (dna testing) though the courts and set up for both child support and joint parenting with the two of them. They are the parents. They have to take responsibility.

The last thing this world needs is one more young father estranged from his child. Trying to attack him legally as you seem to want to do will only push him away from his taking responsibility.

Last edited:

momofrose

What does your question have to do with Adoption??

I am not sure why you posted on the adoption forum, when you mention nothing about this subject.

D

CourtClerk

Ethical or not, it's a legal option. (fwiw, I'm, also pro-life, but that doesn't make it an illegal option.)
Why do you feel the need to post to a thread that is already 3 weeks old, where the OP never even came back. You're littering this board with nonsense that has no legal background.

ariastar

I apologize, there was a glitch (or so I will presume) that had this post appearing at the top of this section and bold, as if it were a newer post. One of my pet peeves on forums is "nercroposting" and I only commit it in error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">