• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

i have gone to court and had the prior executor removed and I was then made the executrix. Now do I have the right to hire my own attorney to complete and close out the estate or do I use the original estate attorney with the estate? also, the will indicates that the executor has business powers on family owned business. now that i am that person, does all previous dealings with the business become null and void with the prior executor? meaning fraudulent sale of business or transfer of business to previous executors wife.

anteater

You can retain an attorney of your choice.

Generally, removal of a personal representative would not just make that person's actions void. But, you can certainly take action to recover assets or seek compensation from the former PR on behalf of the estate. Consult with the attorney that you retain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">