• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed By Car Dealer-> Arbitration Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psychobenz

I bought a car in Lake Worth,FL back in November of 07. It is a 2006 Ford Mustang that was priced exactly the same as all the other similar models on the lot when I got it. It is my first new car so I was pretty excited. They showed me a carfax that was clean,I signed all papers and drove off without a hitch. Six months down the line, I was with a friend of mine who was car shopping and he ordered a 90 day subscription to Autocheck. We decided to run a report on my car and turns out that previous to my purchasing the car, it was sold at auction as a frame damaged car!! I went to 4 different dealerships to get trade in appraisals and they ALL came back with the same AutoCheck and only offered me $3500-$4000 while it was sold to me for a full $14000!

I contacted a lawyer who actually decided to take the case for no charge and sue the dealership UNTIL he saw the arbitration agreement. Now he doesnt wanna do it AT ALL. Apparently when I signed that agreement, I also signed away my rights to sue them and he said that the subpoena (is that how u spell it?) that we were to going to get for the auction records cant be used anymore. Am I totally screwed here or is there some loophole somewhere for something like this??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your lawyer, who actually agreed to do this at NO COST to you (because he *thought* you had a great case) has now dropped you due to the agreement you signed.
That's a pretty good indicator of the strength of your case. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">