• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why did I lose? Should I appeal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamesthedean

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

I hired a small company to landscape my yard to the tune of almost $10,000. During the process of the work being completed (it took over 3 weeks), I asked that something specific be done. The owner of the company said it would cost extra. I told him that I'm paying enough that he could throw it in for free. He said he'd think about it. We discussed it a couple of days later on email and he agreed to do it for free. At the end of the project, the "extra" thing had not been done. Of course I complained and the owner said he changed his mind. I sued him for breaching the contract in small claims court and showed the judge our emails. The judge ruled against me and said I should have consulted a lawyer. Why did I lose? Should I appeal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">