• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undo Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cavazos_3

I live in Texas and when my son was 18 months old I was sent to rehab. I signed over temporary custody to my sister. I later, about a year and a half ago) signed over all rights so she could adopt him.He has now just turned 4. I have since changed my life completly and I think I could raise him better than her. The adoption isn't even finalized yet is there anything I can do to get my son back. I don't have money for a lawer-but she isn't a good mother at all! Please help me.

Not a legal answer.

The KEY word is, you THINK you can raise him now. And you have no money for an attorney, how are you going to afford to raise this child? Do you have a job now? Have you ever, or are you now contributing any money to her? Is your child being fed and clothed, and being taken care of? Do you visit often?

I am not an attorney but if the adoption isn't complete yet, you may have a chance.

LdiJ

I live in Texas and when my son was 18 months old I was sent to rehab. I signed over temporary custody to my sister. I later, about a year and a half ago) signed over all rights so she could adopt him.He has now just turned 4. I have since changed my life completly and I think I could raise him better than her. The adoption isn't even finalized yet is there anything I can do to get my son back. I don't have money for a lawer-but she isn't a good mother at all! Please help me.
If the adoption is not final, you could still back out of it, but you really would need an attorney. However, its also possible that the judge could go ahead and involuntarily terminate your parental rights even if you withdraw your consent.

Again, you really need an attorney.

nextwife

If the adoption is not final, you could still back out of it, but you really would need an attorney. However, its also possible that the judge could go ahead and involuntarily terminate your parental rights even if you withdraw your consent.

Again, you really need an attorney.
If you still consider this to be YOUR child, have you been paying CS to sis?

Who does the CHILD consider to be their mother????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">