• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Salanitro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

We had some work done on our air conditioner (power zoning to increase cool air upstairs). The verbally agreed upon price for the work was approximately 1100. We never signed the authorization/contract for the work.

Upon completion the air conditioner required repair, incident to the "power zoning" installation that was done. The contractor was not able to repair, or identify, the problem. He called a person he had worked with to come identify/repair the air conditioner. The original time for the repair worker was not kept, resulting in my losing tickets to an event. I then paid the repair worker $50 out of my pocket for the repair, missing one half day of work the following day to meet the repair worker. During the inspection of the power zone I was informed that the work will need to be changed since the Illinois worker, performing in Colorado, had completed changes in my air conditioner that now violated the state code.

I tried to call the original contactor to discuss the issues and he never returned my call. After approximately 1 month I was sent a bill for the entire work (approx. $1100). I never signed any work order, and am not adverse to paying for some of the work, however, given that I missed one half day of work to meet the repair person, who did not make the original appoint. (resulting in my losing 2 tickets to an event), and I then paid out of my pocket for the repair. I also will have to pay someone to change the sytem to meet the state code requirement. What is my obligation to pay this out of state contractor without a work order agreement signed by me. I have asked, via email, for an adjusted bill, based on the concerns listed above. I am concerned about being sent to collections.

Thanks for your feedback.

John Salanitro, Littleton, CO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">