• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelling Furniture order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amazing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan

I orderded lazy-boy recliner sofa and 2 chairs. Sofa was delivered and i have paid full sale price for the sofa.
2 chairs were special orders and i had to wait 45 days for the chairs to be ready. I paid 30% deposit for chairs at the time of order. And i was not charged any sales tax since my order was above 2000 dollars.(For both sofa and chair). Chairs are ready for pick up now. But i dont want the chairs. If i cancel the order for chairs now,
1) Will i be charged sales tax amount. (Because that means i only purchsed sofa from them and the amount of sofa is less than 2000 dollars)
2)Will i lose the 30% deposit i paid for chairs.
3)Will i have to pay extra money for them, even if i cancel the order.

The sales receipt mentions 2chairs as "close out" and "special order". Can anyone please answer my above questions based on the following "conditions of sale and service " written on the back of sales receipt.
LAY-A-Ways
Standars lay-a-way period 30 days from merchandise in stock date. Min. 30% deposit required at time of sale . Cancellation subjected to deposit foreiture. Not available on special order,clerance or closeout merchandise.
Orders extending beyond 60 days from instock date reuire 100% deposit. Maximum law-a way period 150days from original sales order date. Lay-a-ways exceeding max. period subject to cancellation with forfeiture of full deposit.
Company reserves right to delay processing of vendor orders to coordiante with customer requestedd delivery date.
SPECIAL ORDERS
Min. 30% deposit required at time of sale. cancellation subject to deposit forfeiture.
CLOSE-OUT MERCHANDISE SOLD AS-IS
customer accepts as-is merchindise in current condition at time of possession. No touch-up or other repair services provided. No warranties apply. All sales afinal, no refunds, returns or exchange of as-is merchandise.

BL

Chairs are ready to be picked up NOW .

cancellation subject to deposit forfeiture
I think it's too late to cancel the order now .

I think you ordered them , did not cancel order , before they were special ordered , and you may be stuck paying for them .

What has the merchant said about it ?

amazing

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I havent talked with the merchant yet. As you said i think it may be too late to cancel the order now. So instead of calling them and trying to cancel the order, i am thinking about just not go to pick up the chairs. That way i will lose my deposit but thats ok with me if i dont have to pay anymore money to them. When i initially went to look at the furniture, i remember the sales person telling about some furnitures which were special ordered and never picked up by customers. What i don't know is whether those customers lost only deposit on those furniture or full amount.

What i am worred about now is, what if they make me pay full amount for the chairs and tax. Is that possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">