• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eagle3170

i live in tallahassee florida and was arrested for "attempting to obtain a controlled substance by fraud." an acquaintance asked me to pick up a prescription for his girlfriend at a local pharmacy. i agreed, and as soon as i walked in and asked for the prescription, the police came in the store and arrested me on the spot. i never actually obtained the drug, or even know what it is for that matter. i was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. the police told me that the pharmacist had called them, because she had suspected a false prescription and phoned the doctor, asked, and it was in fact a fraud. the prescription was phoned into the pharmacy by someone claiming to be that doctor, as far as i know. i have no past arrest or conviction record. what is the maximum penalty if i am convicted? what is the minimum penalty if convicted? my "friend" lives in south carolina and i cannot contact him. i have only a bogus cell phone number he gave me. and i have no way to prove i am innocent. should i take a plea bargain?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">