• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landscaper may have damaged trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjoshua

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

We recently had our front lawn renovated by a landscaper. The landscaper user a slice seeder to plant new grass.

It is becoming evident that the slice seeder was run over some tree surface roots because layers of the roots are breaking off in evenly spaced segments corresponding to where the slice seeder blades were run over them.

While I'm researching the issue to see if there may be any real damage to the tree, what should I do now in case I need to make a future claim against the landscaper?

I'm obviously going to take some pictures. Should I call the landscaper to get his advice or should I contact a tree expert for their opinion? If there is real damage, should I mail the landscaper a specific type of letter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">