• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purchased lemon from

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lemon

I purchased a 10-year old car from a "friend" - I was promised verbally that car would be in excellent condition and had undergone regular maintenance. (that was a lie)
I paid a very high amount for old car based on that promise.
I started having serious problems with the car only 2 weeks after the purchase. To get it into running condition I spent $600 already, needs another $800 to fix other safety issues (seat belt etc.) I still owe "friend" $1000-In attempt to settle I offered $600 considering the problems. Am being sued for $1000 (small claims court).
With the total amount I paid for repairs and $1000 I owe I could have purchased brand new car.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, buyer beware. You had the duty to have this car inspected before you bought it from him. Sorry, but not much you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">