• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating Service Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jewelya4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I went in for a consultation for a dating service in February 2008. I decided to wait until the end of the month to sign up (Im in sales, I know there will always be a better price then). I talked to the woman that I had my initial consultation with and decided on an 18 month package, which I agreed upon $4400. Because this was a phone sale I sent her an email authorizing her to charge my credit card in the amount of $4400 for services and I was supossed to go to her office the next day to sign the contract.
The next day I was running late so she told me not to worry about coming in. I saw on my next credit card statement that she had charged my card for $4400 plus $395 which is the price of thier photo package. I was under the impression that the photos were included in teh $4400, otherwise I would have sent an authorization for that charge.
Long story short, over the next 8 weeks the company was not living up to thier promises what so ever. Not following my specifications, not how I was told it was going to be, etc.
I technically never had a "match" so I never met anyone.
I do not want to work with this company anymore and want a refund. I told them I am willing to pay for the pictures that I took, because I used that service. But I have an unsigned contract and an unauthorized charge to my credit card and they refuse to refund me. The contract does say it is non refundable but I have not used thier services and it has no initials or signature from me. Also I would think I can sue the company for charging me the extra $395 without my authorization.
Does anyone know how strong my fight would be???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">