• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oakie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I bought a new car about 10 days ago. I signed the contract and drove the car home. The dealer called me that night and told me there was a mistake in the contract and wanted me to come back and sign a new contract which would increase my monthly payment an extra $25. Of course I refused, but now they are hounding me with several calls per day, insisting that I come back in or they will not give me my new registration and plates. I've tried to work it out over the phone many times but they insist that I come in to sign a new deal. We have a signed contract so I'm assuming that they can't change it. What should I do? :mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

junodoom

I'm having the exact same thing happening to me, but with a motorcycle. It doesn't state anywhere in the contract that the deal is contingent on final approval. You know they would never let you bring the car back a week later and say "how about you know a few hundred off that final price".

racer72

We have a signed contract so I'm assuming that they can't change it.
They are not obligated to honor a defective contract. If the contract was in their favor, would you not want the contract changed? Either sign a new contract or you will likely learn what the word "repossession" means.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">