• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Swimming Pool Cracks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

criley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We had a pool dug in March 1999 by a company in Weatherford, Texas. Within a couple of years we noticed the water line on the tiles of the pools reflected one side of the pool was about 3" higher than the other side. We called the pool company and was told that was due to "an act of nature", or a very dry year and they were not responsible for our problem. The paperwork provided at the time of the sale states" Life time warranty on the Pool Structure". Last year we noticed a crack running in the bottom of the pool almost the full length of the pool, this year we have 6 cracks. The pool company sent the plaster company out to fix the initial crack three years ago and it along with 5 others have returned. I called several times last year and have called three times this year trying to get someone to come out and repair the cracks and have had not response from them as of yet.

The bottom line is; the pool appears to be shifting in the ground and I'm sure that is what is causing the cracks. Exactly what is the company responsible for? The shifting of the pool is the problem, is it really weather related or irresponsible backfilling on the builders part when the structure was built? Where is the line drawn? Even if they are only responsible for filling the cracks, how can I get them to respond to that request?

RE:pool

I would put your complaint in writing to the owner of the company. It has been my expierence that cracks do happen in pools over time. I have a gunite pool that is indoors and even my deck has heaved. If they're willing to fix it, just get it fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">