• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kentucky requirement probation period new hires

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeff gilligan

kentucky probation period new hires

what is the legal lenght of the probation period for new hires in the state of kentucky? I wish to terminate a person because has not demonstrated that he will be able to preform the neccessary work in a timley manner. During his training period it was clear that he would not meet minimum production needed to be a cable installer. thank you

[Edited by jeff gilligan on 02-15-2001 at 03:02 PM]

B

buddy2bear

"Probationary Period" depends on 2 things: (1) union contract - period negotiated with company; or (2) whatever your company has decided the period is (if non-union) and usually it is stated in the employee handbook. I have seen some as short as 30 days and as long as 120 days. However, bear in mind, it can really be any length if you are non-union so long as it is CONSISTENTLY applied to everyone.

J

jeff gilligan

buddy2bear said:
"Probationary Period" depends on 2 things: (1) union contract - period negotiated with company; or (2) whatever your company has decided the period is (if non-union) and usually it is stated in the employee handbook. I have seen some as short as 30 days and as long as 120 days. However, bear in mind, it can really be any length if you are non-union so long as it is CONSISTENTLY applied to everyone.
Thank for your reply. You've been very helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">