• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunken Restaurant owner in wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff Drajesk

Dear sir(s)
We live in northern Wi. in a small community. My wife works in a local Restaurant where the owner is an Alcoholic with an abusive son as the cook. The other day she bought her son birthday dinner at the Restaurant. She did not pay for the check and set it to the side in the waitress station. She wanted to talk to the manager to get an employee discount. Which is what every body does. The manager did not show up that night so she kept the check in the station. The next day the owner called her up and fired her for stealing. She did not talk to the owner that night because he is always drunk and makes no sense when you try to have a conversation with him. We were wondering if this is legal to fire her on such a minor infraction. If she wanted to steal from him she could of very easily tore up the ticket. In his drunken polluted mind he would of not known the difference. She does not want to work there but was trying to get through the winter until spring to find a new job. Business owners up in this area think they can push the little people around when business is slow in the winter and then cry the blues when business picks up during tourist season with no help. My question is? Is there any thing one can do to not let this drunken bum do this to someone else?
Thankyou

S

sombersusie

Since he is the owner of the establishment he has the right to say who comes and goes as long as it is not discrimination etc. The only way to get him out of the restraunt probably would be to buy him out. To me it sounds like he did your wife a favor. The man sounds like a real jerk. I wish her well in finding a new place to work.

p.s. im not a lawyer, just a level headed reasonable gal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">