• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary vs. Hourly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

astofera

Arizona. I have been an hourly employee for over 3 years, now suddenly my employer wants to put me on salary, they say I "have no choice". My title is Office Manager, but I don't really manage much of anything except paperwork. Do I really "have no choice" in this matter?

S

sombersusie

Unless you have been putting in alot of overtime, going to salary shouldn't be all that different. And of course you always have a choice, if you don't like it, you can leave.

H

hannah jo

Going salary may have its benefits - you would be guaranteed a certain amount of money each pay period!

It is not the classification of "salary" vs. "hourly" that determines if you are entitled to voertime pay - it is the classification of "exempt" vs. "non-exempt" that is the detemrining factor. Many salaried employess are still entitled to overtime pay!!!

Aslo, it is not the Title that determines if you shoudl be paid overtime - it is the job duties that determine that !!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">