• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ny paternity sighn off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cuzin_Wifey

My ex and I split up when my now 10yr old daughter was only a month old. He did not show up for most vistitations in the beginging and when he did show up once a year i made him take me to back to court so it was on record that he would disapier my husband has been raising her since she was 3mo. old with me I recently asked him for permision to move out of state with her and he offered to give up all paternity rights my husband has always wanted them and my daughter dose not get along with her biological father we have always been in ny state anyone know how I start the paperwork we would like to complete in less then 6mo so we can move and have everything straight. We all have a nice calm relationship if thats what you call it and have been that way for about 6yrs. This will just be best for everyone involved. Please no rude comments I just need some info and I cant afford a lawyer right away I have to save up for that. Thank you for taking the time read.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Try googling new york stepparent adoption. Prepare to hire an attorney and it to take more than six months.

Farfalla

My ex and I split up when my now 10yr old daughter was only a month old. He did not show up for most vistitations in the beginging and when he did show up once a year i made him take me to back to court so it was on record that he would disapier my husband has been raising her since she was 3mo. old with me I recently asked him for permision to move out of state with her and he offered to give up all paternity rights my husband has always wanted them and my daughter dose not get along with her biological father we have always been in ny state anyone know how I start the paperwork we would like to complete in less then 6mo so we can move and have everything straight. We all have a nice calm relationship if thats what you call it and have been that way for about 6yrs. This will just be best for everyone involved. Please no rude comments I just need some info and I cant afford a lawyer right away I have to save up for that. Thank you for taking the time read.
Wow... your post is soooo hard to read. Punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs. IF you want people to take the time to help you, you should really take the time to write something that can be read.

LdiJ

Try googling new york stepparent adoption. Prepare to hire an attorney and it to take more than six months.
If everyone is in agreement AND an attorney is used, it can definitely be done is less than six months.

If everyone is not in agreement and/or they attempt to do this without an attorney, who knows how long it might take.

Stepparent adoption is NOT a DIY project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">