• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nicol

Illinois:
A man threatened to kill me. It's known amongst family and friends I want him in jail (i've filed a police report already). I don't know his full name. He lives with a friend of a friend, but no one is willing to disclose there exact location to me (I know 2 people who knows where they moved to.) Is there anyway I can get him arrested and if so, what kind of judicial punishment can I expect for him to receive?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. what I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Were you attacked? The police won't go after him based on something he said to you awhile ago. My suggestion, get a TRO against him --= but if you don't know where he lives, that might be a bit difficult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">