• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI offset to private L/T disability benefit.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jazzstix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I have been receiving long-term disability benefits from Standard Insurance Company of Portland, Oregon (Standard) since January 1, 1994. It is based upon a cardiac condition.

Standard immediately applied for social security disability benefits in the amount of $1,037.00 per month and began offsetting that amount against their benefits of $3,675.00 per month.

In 1998, I contracted Parkinsons disease. During that year, my case was reviewed by the SSA. I was advised that my benefits were being continued based upon my Parkinsons disease and any benefits related to my cardiac condition were rejected. This has been documented by the SSA.

The question I would like answered is: Does Standard Insurance Company have the right to offset that social security benefit ($1,037.00 every month) for the past 10 years which is based upon a totally unrelated condition?

That is approximately $120,000.00. Is Standard delinquent in its duties and responsibilities to acquire this information on a timely basis?

Do I have a case?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">