• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunken Restaurant owners son the cook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff Drajesk

I have a question also regarding verbal and physical harrasment. If a cook in a restaurant calls waitresses
C*n*s and B*T*H*s throws things around the kitchen would this
fall under chapter 7 civil rights 1964. And if so who would I contact to file a complaint?

H

hannah jo

Are you one of the "waitresses" that are targets of his words? Are his words curses - or derogatory comments abotu women? Not all behavior is covered by existing labor laws - and only those who suffered damages as a result of the conduct would have any legal remedies.

First line of action - notify management - in writing - of the complaints, with documentation of what was said and when.

J

Jeff Drajesk

hannah jo said:
Are you one of the "waitresses" that are targets of his words? Are his words curses - or derogatory comments abotu women? Not all behavior is covered by existing labor laws - and only those who suffered damages as a result of the conduct would have any legal remedies.

First line of action - notify management - in writing - of the complaints, with documentation of what was said and w
hen.
Hannah jo My wife is the waitress at this restaurant that
this verbal abuse occured. These comments were directed at
her one on one. She reported this to the manager and all she
said was well michael is having a bad day. Tried to brush it under the table because she is friends with the owners. And
the cook is the owners son. Even though this is an alcoholic environment I do not believe that this type of behavior should be swept under the rug. This type of behavior happens all of the time up here in Northern Wi. restaurants. People are afraid to rock the boat in fear of losing there jobs. We also have the problem with local attorneys not wanting to lock horns with certain business owners. So you have to dig up a lawyer farther south at a much higher cost. Also do you know how long a statute of limitations is on a sexual discrimation case? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">