• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

litigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C Davis

I purchased 2 viatical contracts with a company in Baltimore M.D. in Oct 1999. Company violated M.D. state law in aug. 2000 and placed in recievorship and another company has taken over my investment as recievor, both contracts are non contestable and solid. My problem is new recievor tells me if contracts mature I will not get my money until M.D. court makes ruling on investments . Been told there is assets and NO secured creditors waiting for money. I am not only investor involved in same contract and not irrevocable benificiary. New recievor is making recommendation to M.D. courts to sell all contracts at discount and disperse monies equally amongst all investors.The problem is some of contracts have been rescinded and will not pay off. What step can be taken to secure my investment of $50,000, can a judgement from M.D. court secure my money and force recievorship company to pay me before M.D. court decision a year from now? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">