• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hotel cancellation policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

numarai

I reserved a room at an inn for two nights with a deposit of $125 (the cost of the first night's stay). I was unable to arrive in Boston in time for the first night, as I experienced car/weather trouble en route. The following morning, I checked in at 10:30 am, but was forced to check out at 11:30 am when I received notice of a family emergency. The inn, however, will not only be keeping my deposit, but is trying to charge me another $125 for the second night as well, even though I spent a total one hour in their establishment. Can I dispute this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

I reserved a room at an inn for two nights with a deposit of $125 (the cost of the first night's stay). I was unable to arrive in Boston in time for the first night, as I experienced car/weather trouble en route. The following morning, I checked in at 10:30 am, but was forced to check out at 11:30 am when I received notice of a family emergency. The inn, however, will not only be keeping my deposit, but is trying to charge me another $125 for the second night as well, even though I spent a total one hour in their establishment. Can I dispute this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: yes you can. You may not prevail but it's worth a shot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">