• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 questions for a business law class

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isneland

I am in South Carolina...

I have two Business Law questions I think I know the answers to, but would appreciate it if someone could help to clarify...?
1. SEC guidelines permit a company to maintain the secrecy of merger negotiations if all the following conditions are met except:
a. disclosure would mislead investors as to the likelihood of consummation of the merger. b. the company has not made any prior disclosures about the merger negotiations.
c. disclosure is not compelled by other SEC rules.
d. management determines that disclosure would threaten the completion of the merger.

2.Which of the following would keep the Truth in Lending Act from applying to a transaction?
a. the debtor's intent to make a commercial use of funds borrowed in the transaction.
b. the transaction's open-end credit feature.
c. the debtor's being a natural person rather than a business entity.
d. the creditor's being a credit card issuer rather than a maker of a conventional loan.

Sorry if I may have posted it in the wrong category... and thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Last edited:

quincy

We don't do homework. . . . . unless the homework is so cleverly disguised as a real legal question that we happen to answer it by mistake. Yours does not fall into that category. Sorry. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">