• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving company over charging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bambi4real

I was a resident of georgia moving to florida and the moving company I hired was incorp in New Jersey. the company had me fill out a self reporting estimate of my property to be moved and sent me a quote. In the guaranteed quote, the moving company stated "WE WILL LOAD, UNLOAD, PACK, DISASSEMBLE AND REASSEMBLE EVERYTHING FOR YOU.THIS ALSO COVERS YOU FOR GAS,TOLLS, DISTANCE, BRIDGES, MILEAGE, AND TAXES.PACKING MATERIALS ARE NOT INCLUDED. THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL LABOR CHARGE FOR PACKING MATERIALS PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER". I called to question them about whether I wold be charged for providing my own boxes and was told no, there would be no extra charge. Now I have paid 80% of the est cost and am told that infact my cost is more than the estimated by almost 2x the 1500.00 dollar amount. My question is what recourse do I have to get my things back and pay the estimate quote?

BL

Did you really expect your self-estimate to be accurate ? , or was that for ins. coverage , only ?

Why did you pay 80 % down ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">