• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma Car Dealer won't give me my title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aviator41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

Purchased a used vehicle 60 days ago and have yet to receive my title (oklahoma is a non-title holding state) so I cannot get tags. The dealership has now given me two paper tags (law violation). The vehicle was purchased with a roadloans check and the dealership put the wrong address on the paperwork. The dealership was notified within 2 days that the address had to be changed on the paperwork before the deal would be funded. They had yet to change the paperwork.

If they don't want the money for the car, fine, but how can I get my title so I can tag my vehicle? Seems to me that the law says they have 30 days from the date on the sales paperwork to get me the title. do I have recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">