• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my children's dad is on parol and he has been....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b00bystar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

My kids' dad is on parol and i just learned that he has been stealing electricity for two and a half years. We are going to court in two days for custody and i dont know if i should bring it up or not and if i do how much trouble will he be in?

CdwJava

My kids' dad is on parol and i just learned that he has been stealing electricity for two and a half years. We are going to court in two days for custody and i dont know if i should bring it up or not and if i do how much trouble will he be in?
If you simply blab it out in court, it will be probably be blown off as the rantings of an angry ex. If you want to report him, drop a dime to the police ... plus, you better hope that whoever he is allegedly stealing power from is someone who will cooperate with the police and wants to pursue the matter. It's not always that easy to articulate just how much electricity has been diverted (depending on how he is doing this).

Your call ... let the police know, or don't.

- Carl

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

One thing I can tell that you will do....

You will make yourself look like one hellova spiteful woman. Can you say ulterior motive?

You should have filed a police report the moment you discovered this crime, but I guess it just wasn't that beneficial to you until now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">